Alia and I just got back to London. We left Bath today and went back to Cardiff... I just wanted to see that castle damnit that we missed out on the other day when we got rained out. It was sunny and the castle was a short walk from the train station. Kind of cool. Part of it is old Norman so it goes back like a thousand years, the keep is on a hill with a moat around it. We climbed way up and could look out across town.
Then there is a castle attached to the roman wall that is pretty recent from the mid 1800's where this Scot made his fantasy midevil castle. Very arty and ornate, lots of paintings and stained glass. Very beautiful, more artistic than time authentic.
We were tired so we headed back to London. We could have stayed another night out but it just seemed like just a good thing to come back.
Reflecting on this trip as it's ending... I feel like I've spent way too much time in London, tho saying that I still loved every minute of it. If/when I come back I'm going to concentrate more in a small area of the country. See more countryside indeed. Not as much urban adventure. Tho that was good. Plan more etc... before I left I just couldn't figure out exactly where I wanted to go. Now I have some ideas....more about that later....Alia is here with ID....we're onto another pub tonight. Her drink now is Cider. Me just sampling the beers....Tetly's last night. So far Boddington's has my vote.
Monday, January 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment