Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Snoopy curtains

It's been a long time since I've been bloga da blogging. Don't know why. Certainly many things I could use words for......been to Las Vegas/Chicago and it's all the same street.... your typical town involved in your typical daydream... (Grateful Dead interlude)

Anyways, start now. Last night I was up to 1:30 a.m. moving computer. I had taken over Alia's room, fleeing downstairs tear-up construction project. Two weekends ago Jim and I got all the drywall up on the ceiling downstairs.......Will wonders never cease!?! No more looking at electrical wires over my head. It's white white white with lots of screw holes that need tape and mud. What an improvement!

So things have moved along.... wall out, beam in place, bathroom, bedroom all framed in. I swept and tided all this past weekend. Put away tools, threw out drywall scraps etc... etc...Project is now ceased downstairs cause Alia is coming home! Today! But I won't pick her up til tomorrow! Cause she wants to see her friend first before mom! Will pick her up in Seattle tomorrow!

So I moved puter, so she can have her room for a couple weeks until she goes to San Francisco. Downstairs too much drywall dust and the project is far from finished. I'm now against my big windows upstairs. Hope i survive. These are big greenhouse windows that gather lots of solar heat and light. Summertime it is blinding and suffocating up here. Hard to rig up something to control the sunshine with windows so big and at a slant.

But I rigged up some sheets that I can draw at the ready. One is a Snoopy sheet. Classic 70's showing Snoopy doing some very BAAD things. No way, that Snoopy would be sold this way these days. He's being so un P.C. He's drinking beer and smoking a pipe. Okay to sell agressive images like Power Rangers, but smoking a big pipe and drinking beer!?! BAAD, VERY BAAD. We don't want our children to get any ideas!

No comments: