I've just attended the Portable Media Expo this weekend with the comp, exhibiting our software. Two full days on my feet talking geek. Last night my head was spinning out of control swirling with geek speak echoing thru my brain and virtually comatose from the stimulation. It was a huge workout being at the show. From all the weeks work leading to it to the tearing down of the booth. I am definitely wrung out.
Despite my dread of being in the presence of swarmy bloggers/podcasters etc... I'll have to say I met some rather cool folks who stumbled into the booth. A whole lot of teachers wanting to podcast with their kids in class, or to podcast their lectures. Several older folks, who used to do radio when they were young and wanted to get into it as a retirement hobby, and thought podcasting would be a neat way to set up a studio. A young man who does a small NPR radio show who was completely enthusiastic about my work in the classroom and offered to steer any of the kids I thought were into it into internships. Some local improv artists,etc...
I also met the libsyn guys and wow! what a fun down to earth bunch of guys. I have to give it to them, they do it right. They dressed in tuxes the first day and the second day they handed out t shirts they had screened themselves. Anyways, they were really nice guys, no pretense, no bull or too cool shit. I happily avoided all the egocasters which there were some running around. I did meet Madge Weinstein who stopped by to admire some microphones. Very shy,nice,sweet despite the XXXX nature of podcast. Successfully avoided Adam Curry and the rest of that type. Mostly I met real people who wanted to find out about podcasting. Interestingly, next door was the Portable Sanitation Expo. So it was porta weekend of sorts.
I am now headed for time with mom in Arizona. I'm psyched. May I not touch a computer for days, may we speak words other than geek, may we walk and explore nature. Amen
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment