Geek speak here. Blogger is now under the auspices of Google. Maybe that is old news, don't know. I frankly don't follow that stuff too much. In any case, to switch over to the new Blogger, one has to sign in with their Google account. I did that twice before it took. The second time that caused me to be locked out of my account for about 16 hours. Frustrating when I was ready to type an entry....
The other thing that happened by switching to the new improved Google Blogger was that old entries that I had written months ago, appeared at the top of my Google Reader as new entries.
My daughter also switched to the new improved Blogger but went a step farther, and switched to the new Blogger template design. If you go to her blog: The Alia Trip, you will see that she has now customized her blog to be completely PINK!
Unfortunately, by doing that she lost all her customizations, like subscribe buttons, links, etc...that I had put in. They warn you that you will lose those things but still....now mom (me) will have to put those things back in again.
One of these days I'll switch over to Wordpress or something so I can have more control, just not ready to do that yet. It will most probably bring on more headaches trying to bring old entries into a new format.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment