Sunday, March 04, 2007
Enjoying the Pleasantries of a Small Community
Let me just clarify that I do enjoy and participate in the pleasantries of a small island, where everyone knows each other and their business. There are up sides to this, as when someone is ill or has died or experienced some calamity there is usually an outpouring of help and heart that one wouldn't receive if they lived anywhere else. You just can't beat this place when you really need community. That's another subject entirely but I want to distinguish between my prior post complaints and this. I just don't think that no matter how small, & how friendly this island is that you should be asked about your business in government or private business institutions. I stopped banking at our one and only bank a long time ago for many reasons. The final straw was when I took out a large sum of money and was asked at the top of the clerks lungs, if I was going on vacation and that they hoped I was doing something exciting with that big sum of money. Nope, I just don't think that's right even if I know you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment