Thursday, April 26, 2007

Everybody Wants to Rule the World




This is Patti Smith singing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears, at the Bowery Ballroom NYC, April 24th direct from the second show of which I had two winning tickets but did not go. For anyone following the story, the upshot of the whole deal is that while it was thrilling and sent me into sky high euphoria to WIN, I just could not pull it off with all that I had going on. I remembered that my friend who owns the coffeeshops daughter lived in NYC. I called mom and it turns out daughter was a HUGE Patti Smith fan and jumped for joy when mom told her that I had two free tickets I wanted to pass on. I called her and we had a wonderful talk about life, and dreams and magic and PATTI. In the end it was not a disappointment to me to not go but a great joy to gift them to someone else. She wrote me last night: the concert was a BLAST! she is amazing! a feast for my soul! thank-you sooooo much!

So here's a little snippet of the show that was posted on YouTube. Be there with me, kay!

1 comment:

cile said...

Thanks for that clip of Patti, OTB! Wow...and what a great ending to your winning story!