
Just to complicate my life more I entered a contest. And to make it even more complicated I won! To make it even more crazy it's two tickets to a concert in NYC. No I didn't get the plane tickets to go with that. They were'nt offered. Not part of the deal.
Why would someone on the west coast enter a contest on the east coast when there's 1000's of miles inbetween the two places and transportation is not included in the prize!!??!! Does the word insane come to mind?
Right before I entered I checked out plane tickets. $200 RT to New York. Hmmm... I thought. That's not bad. I've never been to NYC except for when I was 5 years old and was with my parents. A visit I hardly remember except for the two times I got lost. Once in Macy's and once on some very busy street. I remember getting lost on the busy street well. Gazing around and seeing hordes of people but none of them being anyone I recognized. MOM!!! DAD!!! Completely horrifying. Apparently mom and dad saw me the whole time during the street incident. But I did not see them.
So anyways, I've never been to New York except then. I happened to be looking at the WFUV website from Binghamton, New York and noticed a contest. Win a pair of tickets to Patti Smith's CD release shows at the Bowery Ballroom. It's in New York for FFS. But it's Patti Smith, a rock goddess poet still kicking it out for love peace and punk at age 61. Sure I've seen her many times but never at the Bowery Ballroom. It's infamous! It's Patti! It's New York! It's only $200 RT! It's insane! I entered!
Heck $200 RT. That is estenially the price I've paid for an extended scoot down the west coast to the Bay Area to do the equally insane and catch a few shows and scoot on back. All great and never regretted! So I entered. Then I called up my friend Robin in California. We kinda had a pact. Next time Patti comes through the Bay Area we're seeing her TOGETHER. How bout New York instead Robin !?! I left a message. I entered for the 8:30 show. Enter for a different show Robin. She entered for the 10:30. I won. She didn't.
So now it's become a big dilemma. After a day of thinking Robin just couldn't pull it off. Waiting for another friend's descion and another one in the wings if he falls through. After coming down from the euphoric glee of winning, being the 1 in 30 who won something that probably 100's entered, reality has started to nag at me. You owe BIG TIME to the IRS this year. You barely have a job. You.... should. Shouldn't. You....I dunno know. You should go. Something tells me that I should not ignore magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment