Monday, December 17, 2007
In a World - Alice Di Micele
In A World - Alice Di Micele at Oregon Country Fair 2007. This song is on Searching. Alice & band really get down and earthily rock out on this song, and the Country Fair chorus provides beauteous harmonies. The film takes a little nano second of a skip about 3/4's of the way through due to a glitch in the tape. A beautiful hopeful song that will fill your soul.
A little sidenote to the song: Alice wrote this song with Steven Rausch who is my 'twin' out there in the world. Steven & I met over 20 years ago at the Tonasket Barter Faire, gravitating towards each other because we and so many others thought we looked alike. It's true! We must be related. Same long untamed blonde locks, european nose, same height etc... I still have photos of us together from that era taken in profile, we definitely look like brother and sister. We look less like each other these days as we've changed a bit (I've gained the weight) through the years. I met Alice shortly after that, independtly of Steven though Alice recognized me immediately as Steven's twin the minute I introduced myself.... that was a fun meeting! It's great to have a twin out there in the world who is among my alternative family.
Again a wonderful song: In a World.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment