Year two of the Home on the Grange concerts and here we go again, except it's a different paper. We have three in our locale..... The frontpage article in the prior post (Home on the Grange ranges on) was in another paper last week. Yup, that was great! The error refferred to in the below letter was a different article in this weeks paper announcing the specific show.
Hi ,
I appreciate all the write-ups you have done for me for my RadioFreeLopez concerts in the past but there's a really big error in the Di Micele article. The dates have been completely reversed on the shows. It's Sunday on Lopez, Saturday on Orcas not the other way around as printed in the article. That will most definitely impact the Orcas crowd since Saturday will have passed when they try and go to the show on Sunday. I know I wrote the right dates and venues as I just checked what I had sent you. The dates were right in the Community Calendar but I'm sure people will rely on the article dates as it's more prominent in the paper highlighted by her photo and all.
Also the quote you used was from Bonnie Raitt not Bannie Raitt as written in the paper. It makes a big difference as Bonnie is a really established musician and a quote from her goes a long way in bringing in a crowd.
I have a personal investment in the outcome of all of these shows (not just Lopez) as I am Alice's Promotions Manager and I've been pretty psyched that she's playing all the islands after a long absence. I also just sent out promotion to dozens of newspapers in the Northwest to support her tour, and having an error in my own hometown is a bit upsetting. I think you can understand why. After some pretty significant errors that The _____ made on my shows last year, they now send me proofs before printing. I'm wondering if you could do the same so we could avoid this kind of error in the future.
You've been great in supporting my efforts for local music in the past and I really do appreciate it. I hope you understand. Thanks!
Sincerely,
RadioFreeLopez
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment