Sunday, February 20, 2005

creepy first night back in Seattle.

I've been home about five days now, and in the states about a week. I've meant to update the blog and fill in the gaps about my last day in India but well... one thing led to another. I'm home, I'm in a kind of routine. Working at my computer job cause we're under deadline to release a top-secret product (true kind of but just kidding!). So I have been working away. I'm holed up here in Alia's room where I moved my desktop computer because of the construction down below.
Incidentally Jim got alot done while I was gone. The wall is OUT, and now it is one big room, kind of like one big half of a room really cause of the way it had to be done and bathroom and bedroom framed in. Yes, pics posted soon.
B4 I get back to the India stuff I got to tell about Seattle. I spent my first night back in a hotel because Kelly and Huck were studying and it seemed best to be somewhere else. I stayed at the Travelodge by the Space Needle. Usually this is an upgrade from the Seattle Inn which I usually stay in, that is right next door. I figured, it would be nicer, cleaner and they might have internet which I needed cause of the top-secret project I am working on.
Yes internet wireless in the lobby where I had to go after unsuccessfully dialing up in my room. While I was sitting there emailing off my top-secret work, there was a creepy guy who sat next to me mumbling and looking at me. The manager who I had noted when I came in was very wimpy and did nothing so I high-tailed it back to my room.
Lots of traffic down the halls all night. I had a big room to lay out all of my stuff. That was cool because then I could see that I actually got some good stuff in my shopping frenzy my last day in Jaipur. I really wasn't sure cause the merchants kept throwing down stuff and I started to just say YES YES NO almost indiscrimatenly or so it felt.
Shower then time to go to bed in the hotel but the curtain would not close. It was a big picture window with a beautiful view of the city. This meant it was somewhat like Las Vegas with all lights on all night. Not very restful after over 24 hours travel two planes and all.
1:30 a.m. or therabouts BIG freakin fight busts out in the hall across from me! Mostly I heard the woman yelling about how her man had been disrespecting her etc... etc... etc... then him yelling back in defense. Loud and unpleasant, scary. I crept to the door and was scared they could see my shadow under the door listening so I didnt listen long! I was afraid to call the desk cause of that wimpy manager. It seemed in his characther to say in response: "The woman in 425 says you are being LOUD.". Next thing you know I'm the crime scene and not them!
Finally after like 45 minutes someone came up and got them to shut up. Of course from then on I could not get back to sleep. Whatta first night back........

No comments: