So after that fitful night return from my travels, I spent the day in and around Seattle doing stuff. Got some of my trip photos developed and then went to some used building supply stores for stuff for my house. All over-priced fixtures at city prices so no sales made. I still need: 2 30" Doors, 5' vanity with sink, 5 light fixtures, 1 26' door. Okay that's my wanted list. I'm sure I left something out.
More work on the top-secret project at a coffeehouse with wireless in Fremont. Hooked up with Huck by mid-afternoon and then went and picked up Deb downtown after flying in from the Bay area. She was returning from Mardi Gras Phil Shows at San Francisco Civic. Check out the pics. on PHILZONE, it looks over the top! Wish I could have been there! Something held me back from buying tickets,way back in Dec....didn't know then I was going to make an impromptu trip to India!
Derek Trucks at the Tractor Tavern that night! Awesome! I've seen him several times now; alone and with Allman Brothers. He's just a phenomanal guitar player, a prodigy at age 28. He's married to Susan Tedeschi who is way more well known then him. Up for several grammy nominations, and a killer singer! She came out for the last two songs, what a treat! She was so sweet! Derek plays in trance mode, eyes closed thru his entire show. He's so blonde, soft and baby-faced and comes off rather shy. Susan came out and he hardly broke his trance even with all the love she was shining on him. It was just so sweet how she kept smiling at him, and he just kept playing, eyes closed, in a trance. Finally she reached over and started straightening his collar and he opened up his eyes and peeled off a little grin! Sweet!
So yes, great show! We enjoyed then went out for midnight burgers at Dick's, the three of us: Huck, Star/Deb and I...the possee as we call ourselves.
Sunday, February 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment