Friday, February 04, 2005

First leg to S.F.

Landed in S.F. last night after a hard start off the island. Much anxiety leaving again, so many flights and so far. Everything went smooth however and I am much calmed.
Today I got my visa at the Indian Consulate.I had to hand in my paperwork at 9 a.m. and return at 2 to pick it up. Inbetween I walked down to the Haight. There is a great record store there called Amoeba. It is absolutely huge. I really wanted to bring Pulkit some american music but it's a daunting task. I ended up going for some poppy danceable stuff like Lucious Jackson and the B-52's, to Aerosmith, Grateful Dead and Blues Traveler. It's hard to know what he would like.Wanting also to turn him onto some good stuff that he may not otherwise get.Later i got some of his requested chocolate.
I picked up my visa and did a short stint downtown. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities but I'm on a mission and there's not much time for enjoyment. Tomorrow is my big day of flights.........8:30 to Minneapolis, then to Amsterdam and Delhi. Probably won't touch in for a couple days since I'll be in transit. Next stop India.

No comments: