I've been in this room for over a week since I got back from my trips. I've hardly left it. It's Alia's room. It's weird having a grown up kid. She's been so much of all of my life. Now she's on her own and I've taken over her room like my parents once did to mine.
I remember when I first left home my dad said "the first thing that's coming down is your collage." I had taken over the T.V. room and made it my own, moving out from the room I shared with my sister. I put up a collage that took up the entire end wall, about a 8' x 10' space. Life magazine cut outs, rock stars from Circus magazines.
I haven't taken anything down of Alia's here. I've just shoved things to one side so I could put in my computer while work is going on downstairs. As a consequence it's created a totally different experience and way of living in this house.
When I'm working downstairs, I'm looking out at the yard, my fruit trees, I'm getting up and down for coffee, walking out on the porch to breathe some air and feel the day.
Up here I shut the door to keep the heat from the plug in on, and only periodically glance over the top of my computer to the houses down below. I'm kind of trapped here, stuck in my chair. I don't seem to get up. The whole day goes bye and I've hardly eaten or been downstairs.
Then it gets dark. Weird.
Friday, February 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment