It's a strange thing hearing your name called out thru space, thru the computer, thru the virtual lines that connect lives from here to there, to mine...
Sitting in bed, reading.....listening. Not much energi, after a long day of work.
I'm suddenly summoned to the computer, because JimBob is going to read from my blog. Dark in the house, moon outside, the glow from the screen.
I get up and type in the chat: I'm here.
Names with icons,friends never seen, online community! An audience.
JimBob queues up music and starts reading.....remembering...
I feel my heart soften,with his gentle phrasing...then my stream cuts out! I'm gone. Connection severed. Silence. Alone.
Fortunately the stream reloads and we're all back together again.I hear his voice, painting my written picture. I'm touched, feel a little sad, yet heartened to hear my words thru another voice, another heart to other hearts responding in the dark....
What a thing you do, there at wholewheatradio. Touching in, meeting, making friends, reaching in to places inside. Do you know?
Sometimes that creativity feels so dead inside. Dulled by the day to day. You bring us together. Thank you for nurturing, and reminding me, to nourish the most treasured parts.
"Give me Five, I'm still Alive!"
Monday, June 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment