Friday, October 14, 2005

Missing the Barter Faire

Strange how the body/mind works. I was wavering about going to the Tonasket Barter Faire, a 23 year fall tradition. Was sitting on the fence about it all. There was music I wanted to see badly in Seattle and I was feeling a bit on the low energi side to make the drive. Kind of torn between the two really. After some phonecalls/encouragement from friends I finally snapped to. What was i thinking? Miss the barter faire!?! What! The friends, refreshment of a nature counter-cultural hit. Yes, I needed this badly. I decided to go. Got the car packed. Camping gear, trade items, warm and wooly clothes for those cold clear eastern washington nights and then.... the cold/crud I'd been holding back broke loose in full force. By 6 p.m. thursday night I was achy, shaky, fevery, runny nose, coughing and hacking to misery...missing the redeye ferry, missing the barter faire, missing the music in Seattle, missing it all. Instead here stuck at home where I am too much of the time.

No comments: