Sunday, April 09, 2006
Holding Circle, Holding Hope...
We had a nice circle for Ryan on his families land. There is not any new news. We are all just hoping that he is lost, hurt and can't get to a phone. That perhaps he took off on a day hike with just the shirt on his back and is in some village somewhere. He has not been heard from since March 13th or 14th. From what people said that area is rugged and without those things that we Americans think are everywhere...electricity and internet. There were some very beautiful heartfelt prayers and songs. And Mr. T gave us one laugh when he said "For whatever it is worth.... Ryan was lost in Paris on the French Club trip for 3 hours once. So he has experience." We are trying to hold up the positive. We are all just visualizing that he will find his way back. At the end of the circle everyone made a very big heart out of rocks so that when they all return from this adventure they will know we were there praying for them; sending strength and love. I had this visualization that Ryan would be beamed into that heart just like they transport and materialize on Star Trek and get back and be all safe and smiling. So many of our island children are out there being 'world citizens' as Iris said that it could easily be another one of us parents in this situation. Looking around the circle of about 60 I could easily count about a dozen parents with kids on another continent adventuring and doing cool things including my very own daughter. They grew up on a small island, but they travel far and wide. I can't imagiane what Ryan's mom and dad are going through, having to go village to village searching for their son. I have a candle burning in my window as Nancy suggested that we light a candle and keep it burning for Ryan until he finds his way home. I remember they did that for Berry when he died. I have been really reflective lately and appreciative about this community I have been in for 21 years now. How many times I have been in a similar circle when we have lost someone and we send out our hearts and love . When Berry was dying I was on the other side of that circle as I was in the hospital by his side. I was told later that they had a circle on the beach and made little boats out of driftwood and sent them sailing out onto the water with candles. When I am holding the circle for someone else I always visualize that time they held that circle for Berry, me and my little girl. Returning that circle. Here holding hope...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment