Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dates and Times - An Island Syndrome

I'm not sure if this is an island syndrome or just pertains to my daughter who I honestly do not mean to pick on here, but do other kids who have almost reached the age of 21, out there in the larger world, forget that Sundays and holidays mean banks and post offices are closed, that certain months like the one we're in, has less than 31 days? And because we are 'on' an island, believe that all places, cities, states and countries she is 'at' are places she is 'on?' Okay, I'm just checking.

Believing that there were 31 days in the month of February she is blaming on a Yahoo! calendar. This I cannot validate since I do not use Yahoo! to keep my dates straight. However this lead me down to Eugene to not only visit but pick her up, urging her to give her 2 day notice (one day of which she blew off ) so I could take her home; "on island", and so she could have a full week here to deal with stuff like taxes, and jury duty, banking, packing and visas for her upcoming trip to Bolivia. Ohh and making YouTube videos.

So far she has not gotten to the taxes, jury duty, banking and packing but I must give her a break as, she has only been home for one day and she gave my house a nice cleaning and sweeping. And hearing her laugh as she creates her videos is extremely warming to my heart. I sure am glad she's an island girl who gets her dates wrong so I can spend this extra time with her, "on island."

No comments: