I went to the mainland. The first time since Dec. 24th. Quickly discovering why I love to live on the island. I spent money, hauled ass all over the place, trying to accomplish things before the appointed ferry so as to not miss a sailing home; dealt with bureaucracy. I mean BUREAU -CRAZY. The bureaucrazy I had to deal with became the major focus of the day. It led me up to Bellingham. Not because I wanted to go there. But because I had to go there or else come back on another day, and spend more money for a ferry ticket and gas.
Good part of the trip to B'ham was that I swung bye a friends house before I had to deal with more BUREAU -CRAZY. I had just enuf time to munch down a sandwich real quick while I spun my tale. There is humour in every story. And even though I was annoyed and irritated that I had to take a trek up to B'ham and that it destroyed what I had planned as a pleasurable Co-op shop and thrift store expedition, Yes! there was humour to it!
A government worker reciting my Social Security # at the top of her lungs, to an audience of about 20 in the waiting room, until I scolded her in a whisper that Social Security #'s were really confidential information and I would appreciate it if she would be quiet....YES....HUMOUR!!!!
Other things, yes....HUUMOUROUS.
The unplanned trek up to Bellingham potentially was going to put me on the 8:25 p.m. ferry home. Thankfully that part of BUREAU -CRAZY ended early and I was on the 5:05. Kissed the ground when I got home. Tomorrow I hit the mainland again. No appointments, only music.
No comments:
Post a Comment