
I went to a memorial yesterday of a man who died this last week. An untimely and accidental death. He didn't show up for work one day and they found him drowned near his sailboat that he lived on. He probably slipped and hit his head and in these cold waters one doesn't last long. It's really unfortunate. He seemed to be a nice guy. I didn't know him real well, though I used to talk to him a bit years ago back when I didn't have a washing machine and would see him in the laundromat.
It was hard hearing his kids talk and see that spirit of him in their familal faces. But the thing I want to pass on here is something they said. They made a list of 14 things that they thought about when they thought of their dad and they read it to us. They wanted us to remember these things and when we found ourselves doing these things they wanted us to think of their dad.
What I remember from that list was that he was a vigilante bulb planter. He planted bulbs at peoples places and didn't tell them cause he liked the surprise. He read. He never said a bad thing about anyone. (this was said several times) He loved his new crock pot way of cooking that he had discovered and he drove a car until it was absolutely dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment