Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm Out of Service

I have not had a phone working since last Thursday. At first it was like when the power goes off in a big storm and you have to get out the candles. You enjoy the warm glow of a candle and the novelty of the experience, hearkening back to the time when you did not have such creature comforts. At first I relished the silence of no incoming calls. But as the days go on I've become more and more irritated. I've called the phone company every single day and they still have not come over. It does appear that the trouble is somewhere inside or where the outside line comes inside as I have troubleshooted and found that I can call if I plug into the box outside. Yes I have plugged and replugged every bleeping phone in my house to see if it was a PHONE. They warn me everytime I call that I might incur costs if they hafta come inside the house and I remind them every single time that I'm one of the suckers who recently decided to pay the extra $3 a month for line insurance and that I should be covered for that. I have begun to wonder if I'm now getting less service since I decided to pay more. Back in the day when I had dial-up, and no line insurance whenever I had a problem my phone guy who I forget his name at the moment would rush on over and fix it immediately. This is the same guy who lobbied for almost a full year to get me DSL because there was this one little pocket of like 7 houses that could not get it in the neighborhood because of some weird connection they did in the past. When we talked he agreed it was wrong and kept on the higher ups to change it and they did. Anyways, I see someone else is driving the truck and he is not coming over at my beck and call. Where's the service? This really sucks! I do have Skype and thank god for that. I still can't figure out why I have internet but no phone. Aren't those two intertwined? I don't know, my brain is taxed on the whole business so I guess I'm just out of service till they decide to fix it.

No comments: