Thursday, May 10, 2007

Opening the Taps Wide

From a friend: I have some friends in California who manage to spend and live well going in and out of debt taking chances and sometimes winning and sometimes loosing yet they always seem to do well. They know this guy named Larry. They follow Larry's theory of abundance. That is you must spend freely and live well in order to keep the tap open and flowing. If you try to hold on it only clogs the pipes and dries up the flow. Go figure!!! I guess we should be more like Larry and less like Scrooge.

I've been watching ticket prices to Bolivia for months. They go up and down like the stock market. Today by some feat of magic, perhaps buoyed on by my new surge of confidence, a sudden upswing of emotion and clarity of path, after feeling majorly down yesterday and then getting a swift kick in the butt by a friend who handed me all the right tools and ways to think on things, the prices drop dramitically! $700!!! Unheard of! Only two left. I hesitate. Am I that confident to take off, throw it to the wind and just go? I call a friend. Then I click. GONE. But I click again...$809! Yes, I swipe it! I'm going to Bolivia for one month.

Suddenly I feel motivated to do things around here, and I have a few plans for my return that I am working to put in place now. I honestly was feeling so down even in this most beautiful spring time on the island. The tourists have started to arrive and I started to feel I could not face a summer of spandex without a major shift in energi. I didn't go anywhere this winter. No skiing. Only a very short trip to Eugene and an overnight to Seattle. Cabin Fever. Other things as well. Nagging me also is the desire to see my daughter and experience a whole new culture as she is experiencing it. Also to meet that beau of her's that I have never met. I have a window here before the summer and so I am going to Bolivia and opening the taps wide. However, that said my practical sense knows where the shut off valve is. I'm leaving in 1 1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

FishTaxi said...

You are going to have so much fun. A month is perfect. Long enough to get the feel of it and short enough for the pocket book.

Good times ahead!