So far my crash course for my upcoming trip to Bolivia has consisted of tidying up all the loose strands of my life. They are still in a tangled web but hopefully before I leave I will have everything covered with big beautiful blue tarps and preserved for my return. Though actually I prefer the silver tarps because though they are more expensive they are worth their weight in plastic as they are thicker and hardier and last a whole lot longer and you just never know what winds will blow. I have the cat care covered, one of 3 broken cars is going to the mechanics today, I tided up all my bills and such and put them in new organized folders, and I have some tentative but promising work lined up upon my return.
I really should be learning Spanish. Yesterday I sent an email blast out to friends asking for a ride to the airport and also requesting kid's books to take with me to the school Alia is teaching at. I wrote "mucho gracias!" One polite friend wrote.....Hey I think the term is "muchas gracias"...
Obviously even my elementary Spanish needs help. Maybe I need to spend time in the kindergarten class learning from the kids rather than pouring over my Spanish operation manual to the Nikon D40 I just bought in my creative but brilliant attempt to learn both how the camera worked and language that way? I did spend about 10 minutes with the amazing Mr. Language Tutor here on the island, finding out that yes he is truly amazing. I learned that the Romance language's have rules and that if you learn the rules you have hundreds of words at your command. What a concept...rules to language! Does George Bush know about this?
Ohhh.....phonecall.........BRB. I have a ride to the airport! To that I can say..... Muchas Gracias........!!!
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment