Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Out of here

I'm about 10 minutes away from being out of here. I'm proud. I only have a 1/2 backpack of clothes. One day pack full of camera, audio recorder, books and plane type things. The biggest heaviest item by far is my suitcase filled with childrens books for the kids at school, the laptop for Fernando and parents, and misc clothes for Alia including the fuzzy pink hat that Esther brought for her when she was visiting in March. I'm worried that the suitcase of books is too heavy.

Closing up shop now. First leg of trip: getting into exhaust leak car and driving down island to drop at mechanics. Picked up by friend. Taken to children's center. Picked up there. Get on ferry. Down to Seattle. Sit many hours in airport till flight at 11 P.M. tonight.

Arrive Bolivia tomorrow night. Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Sue, I'm thinking of you there in Bolivia with Alia and your
'new family". Can't wait to hear your next installation from there. As usual rhings are mostly the same her on"THE ROCK". Well, actually, nothing will ever be the same because Uncle Phil passed away last night! I think it was fairly peaceful. No EMTs just Cathy and some morphine. No more details. Sad but glad he was home. Lots of love and support to you there in Bolivia. Via con Dios, Deborah