WoW! there's quite a bit of buzz about this next show I'm putting on! As one friend said "It takes awhile for people to catch on to things around here." I've had soooo many people come up to me and talk to me about the show and say they are going, have had phonecalls wondering about tickets, and have not had to beg for volunteer help one bit! People are calling me with offers to help! Woohoo!
I'm expecting a good crowd at this next show. As I said to a friend the other day; I'm not sure why this next show is quite the buzz....Is it the band, word of mouth, my mailing list, my ad, the funky sandwich board signs I made, the good rep that's been created from the prior shows? What? As my friend said, "It's probably all of the above." Yes, I guess people seem to be catching on around here that good music is happening at the Grange again!
I was even in the grocery store and overheard these ladies who I did not know talk about the upcoming music on the island. The upshot of the conversation was that they were opting for this show rather than another show that was being held at the Community Center. They were not on conflicting days either, it was because it sounded 'interesting.' Well I love it! I love it that there is a choice on the island.
Those who know me know I have been on a rant about the Community Center on a number of fronts. I shan't go into it all right now but one thing at issue at present (with me) is the total monopolization of advertising space on the island from said organization i.e. Vinyl dotcom signs hanging from businesses, overabundance of sandwich boards splattered across the island, posters aplenty on an already overcrowded public board, huge ads in the paper etc..... It is a bit over the top! Very frustrating especially when I am just trying to hang my ONE little 8 1/2" x 11" flyer on an already crowded public bulletin board whilst tripping over a grotesquely large sandwich board sign that is placed right in the wheelchair parking spot (to attract seniors?) and there is another sign for the same concert not only on the board but on the door as well. Ugh! I am absolutely not exaggerating! It's too much! There are other events on the island, and mine like the others is just one.
Next show: The Foghorn Stringband - August 9th, 7:30 The Lopez Grange Hall - Kickin Tunes, Be There!
1 comment:
You don't want those people who go to the Community Center, anyway. The FUN people will find the really fun gig, as sure as the sun rises! Those "other" people can go to the Community Center! LOL
Post a Comment