Saturday, December 01, 2007

Burn, burn, burn....

The morning is starting out to be an exciting one. I didn't know how literal my designating today "Burn, burn, burn...." day was actually going to be! I am preparing for a student film fest on Dec.6th showcasing films made by middle and high school students. I've been working in this classroom for the last year alongside my buddy the middle school teacher. It's an absolute blast and it's time to show off the students stuff. Note: It's rated PG (For: Pretty Good!)

So today I had planned/am planning to go through the videos from the entire last year that we have designated to show, order them and burn them to DVD. Burning them to DVD takes some time as the computer works and works away rendering them to disc. So I figured I'd start up a burn pile outside that has been sitting around for some time. Thus I can go in and out of the house tending to my various burning projects. So goes the theory!

I put on the tea pot on the propane stove and was lighting the fire in the woodstove when I noticed FLAMES on my kitchen counter! Apparently a roll of paper towels had fallen against the pot...So I ran over and grabbed the flaming paper towels carrying them (not the brightest thing in retrospect as they could have caught my big woolly sweater on fire and the sink was closer but somehow I didn't think of that) across the room and threw them in the woodstove... Whew!!!! Tragedy averted. But then I notice more smoldering flames on the counter only to find the pot holder that was apparently under the paper towels igniting! I ditched that outside and poured water on it, end of flames!!!!!

Burn, burn, burn....indeed. Better get on to those other burn projects.

1 comment:

cile said...

:-O ...I'm glad you are OK! Wow! ...so when you visit my place next Saturday can you chant "Mo' money! Mo' Money! Mo' Money!" in my livingroom because it seems your Mojo is workin' overtime, girl! LOL