Hi Folks,
For anyone still reading this extremely sporadic and neglected blog who doesn't already know.....
I've started a show called:
Gleanings on KLOI 102.9, Every Tues Evening 8 PM - 9ish
(with room to grow till 10 PM)
http://www.kloi.org
Description: Multi-genre musical gleanings. A little bit folky, a little bit rocky, a little bit punky & funky. Focusing on buried treasures, independent musicians, live tracks, outtakes, interviews and the phase of the moon. One hour show sometimes extended due to guest appearances by "the Dead Air Gypsies."
I have done two shows already and sooneth I will post a page somewhere with my playlists and perhaps archived shows. I'm just starting, so please bear with me. I think the music is pretty good but there are some inherent studio issues that are par for the course with a new station.
That hum you hear in the background? That's the transmitter right in the studio with me cause a shed has not been built yet to house it. That squeaky chair? Yeah, it needs a little oil and a piece of carpet to roll on. That car you thought you heard? Yes, we are right next to the road in a little trailer and it is freaking hot in there and cracking that window will keep both the DJ and the transmitter ALIVE! Logistically it's a stretch between microphone and controls to play music so that hesitation you hear is me fumbling around! All those ummmms you are hearing? That is me in deep thought!
Again, par for the course and everyone is working hard to alleviate these issues.
So tune in if you are nearby at 102.9 -or- on the web at: http://peace.str3am.com:6380/listen.pls
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment