Okay, where did I leave off...been tramping around this town, lots of shoe leather wear. Sat. night Alia's boyfriend Jorge took Alia and I out to a latin american restaurant. I couldn't tell you exactly where it was, I just followed but it was several transfers on the tube. I think it was south end london. It was the most interesting place, just this little storefront among abandoned storefronts and operating storefronts. Inside it was very colurful oranges and yellows. Jorge hadn't been to it before but said it was owned by a venzulean woman who was married to an Irish man. Sure enough that was the deal and it was the most interesting of contrasts in that way. We were the only customers and the other patrons were either workers or friends...Latin and irish lounging on some big couches in this very small homey place.The irish guys were all tattooed and smoking sailor looking ruddy faced types. The cook was this great big bellied irish man and his wife was a very petite venzualan. It was alot like being in a living room and being served a homecooked meal.
They served dishes from all the latin countries. I can't remember what I had but it was some kind of creamy chicken. On the walk back, we came upon another fabulous historic church. They're all just so incredible with skyscraper spires. It also had it's entire history written on it i.e. how many hangings etc... before the church was built and how the king bought the property in such and such time and had a church built etc...
Yesterday sunday I was on my own as Buster had her friend Lanka here and Alia was working. I went on a very long walk across, kensignton and over to Hyde Park and across. Alia recommended Speakers corner which is really just a bunch of lunatics speaking thier relegious beliefs with people standing around gawking and others who bait them hoping for some fun. I wasn't impressed. The park itself is massive tho and the best thing was watching 5 older men very seriously racing their 'pond yachts' on the pond. They tack and race and maneuvor thru remote control.
After that I went to Cambden Town... ohhh my. I can't belive these markets here. Pike place market is so darn small. Blocks and blocks of stalls, imports t shirts, food, MAGIC MUSHROOMS, vintage clothing etc.. The hip part of town. Ohh, I almost got pickpocketed. I felt something to my left and then noticed a girl very close to me. My bags zipper was open but nothing taken. There are signs everywhere warning of pickpockets
Okay that's about up to date...today British Museum, then great vegitarian food in Soho district. Alia is working now and I hafta work on our plans for tomorrow....either cousin Derek if we can get in touch in sussex or Stonehenge. Alia is doing well and I liked the boyfriend. I might do a play tonight. later........
Monday, January 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment