Monday, February 14, 2005

Fast connections!

I am in Seattle in a Wi-fi cafe where the connections are not only fast but free. Unlike India where they are slow slow slow dial-up. Cosmically enuf this cafe has an exhibit of photos of India on the walls. Lots of street shots from Delhi. A photo of a beggar girl looks so familar, but then I realize that all the beggars look and sound alike in India. Huck picked me up from the airport and I imitated the way the beggars sing-song "Hallo - hallo" and knock and cling to your car window at a crossing and then gesture with one hand to their mouth. Even when your walking about you can hear the beggars "Hallo" as different from the other Indians who may greet you. The tone is sing-songy and can be picked out among all the other talk and honks of the never ending traffic.
I am so glad to be back! I can not tell you! I had a great time but I have basically been on the road for the last month with just a few days inbetween the U.K. journey and the Indian adventure. I am tempted to burst out and sing "God Bless America". I'm kidding kinda but then again, I dunno know I am just so glad to be home I will kiss the soil when I get back on the island. Right now I'm in Seattle. Tomorrow night is a concert so I am staying in the city rather than drive to the island and back again, which would be a waste of time and money. Huck and Kelley are busy studying for exams so we decided it would be best that I spend this evening in a hotel. Probably good cause I can spend the lone time catching up on rest. Then tomorrow pick up Star who has been down at Mardi Gras Phil show in S.F. from the bus depot and then we will party on at Derek Trucks- yee-haw!

No comments: