Thursday, August 25, 2005

more of a computer update than anything-Warning -boring!

True...I have not written here for awhile as I have been gently reminded by a few. Sometimes I hold the words back, they well in my head and well I guess they spill out other places...
Feeling somewhat frazzled. Summer has slipped bye, and fall is upon us. I've played some, worked lots, visited less. I'm also scattered all over this house. Construction,remodel still going on. I currently have 4 computers going, sorta. My trusty imac has had a green screen... I took it into the doc to get it diagnosed. Too much to fix correctly, about 1/2 the cost of a newer machine. Brought it back, works sorta. Fortunately my boss contributed to part of the cost of a replacement, so I wouldn't continue to see green. Meanwhile I worked on the ibook. It's great but I don't know how people do it full time without keyboard. My back and neck got all scrunchy and out of joint. Then the new/used imac arrived courtesty of a frenzied bid war on eBay. Pretty good deal without putting myself out too much. So 4 computers. As I type here upstairs I have the old iMac to my left, with the new/used flat screen by it's side. Have transferred most of the data from old to new but not all, due to my learning curve and need to keep working in the process. Meanwhile there is a monstrous loud PC downstairs on the kitchen table that my boss gave me to test the company software.
My daughter made the comment that I might as well open an internet cafe. Two of her friends came over one night to use one of the computers and to illustrate that point she served them coffee, as they surfed...
How did it come to this? Four computers in the house. I feel really out of joint at times with the other parts of my life. Mostly the creative side, the writing and photography and crafter self that seldom shows itself these days. I have great hope that when I am able to move downstairs again, my life will regain a balance. That those things will move back in as I unpack the boxes that are spread around me.

No comments: