Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Los Heriones - Cochabamba


This photo was taken at Los Heriones Cochabamba. There is a very large statue at the end of a long uphill cobblestone walk that is deadicated to Los Heriones. It is memory of a war fought in Cochabamba entirely by women. I need to find out more about this but everything on this computer is in Spanish and my bad spelling and googling is unable to locate. I believe it was sometime in the 1800´s. Alia and I went up there Sunday for the truly official Fiesta dia Mamita that was being held at the statues base. Unforunately, we missed President Evo Morales speaking and the big gathering around the statue as by the time we got our lazy selves there it was over. We also just saw part of the parade in passing in the taxi. Though we missed all this, it was still a wonderful view of the entire city from above with just a few stray people left and thankfully Helados vendors so we could have popsicles after the exhausting and hot walk. Down below many vendors and music.

No comments: