Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Real Deal in Bolivia

Driven by a mother´s instinct and unrest and a nagging knawing feeling I made plans to go to Bolivia just a few weeks ago not really knowing that things would unravel the way they currently are. Let´s just say that the MamaBear in me awoke from a hibernating winter slumber and dipped into the honey jar that was her savings and bought a ticket to Boliva. Ohh, a ticket and a new camera let us not forget!

The day I was to fly out I got a very distressing phonecall from my daughter. The wheels were already in motion due to that tap on the shoulder that was a mother´s instict and so there I was already in flight.....

The story behind the story here is that this is not a pleasure trip though my daughter and I do share a sense of humour that keeps us afloat even in the most challenging of times and have managed to have a good time. Right now we are dealing with bad boyfriends; let´s make that very bad boyfriends, stolen passports and stolen birth certificates, U.S. Consulates,expiring visas, and loss of trust.

This would be totally awful if we weren´t being harbored by a saint, who is the Director of this Kindergarten, and the company and euphoria of many happy Bolivian children who make us smile and laugh every day, and a beautiful country by the name of Bolivia that despite having some assholes in it is warm and friendly.

Read more at The Alia Trip: Serious Note

No comments: